- August 2020 current affairs
- Nowadays, in most of the competitive exams, current affairs are an important part of the exam which plays a major role in the final merit listing of Candidates.
- Here at hpgsnotes.com, we provide 2020 current affairs updates useful for preparing Hp competitive exams like HPPSC, HPSSC, HP TGT exams and other exams of Hp.
- To prepare current affairs for these exams you need to prepare Current Affairs on a daily basis.
- This page will provide you with what you need for preparing the current affairs section of these exams.
Topics covered in the current affairs are
- International News,
- National News,
- Science & Technology, Environment,
- Government Bills & Acts,
- Indian Defence News,
- Important Persons and Places,
- Banking and Economical News,
- Awards and Honours,
- Sports News,
- Arts & Culture,
- Summits & Conference,
- Important Committee,
- Books & Its Authors,
- Agreements & MoUs,
- Budget, Taxes,
- Various Important Lists & Indexes,
- Visits by World Presidents, Prime Ministers.
24 August 2020 Current Affairs
1.Which of the following is the author of the book-‘One Arranged Murder’?
- RK Narayan
- Chetan Bhagat
- Amitav Ghosh
- Salman Rushdie
2.Which of the following ministry launched the scheme ‘Nai Udaan’?
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of AYUSH
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
3.Which of the following foreign bank became the first foreign bank in India to launch a “Green Deposit Programme”?
- DBS Bank
- HSBC India
- Deutsche Bank
4.For the Bundelkhand Water Management Project, UP govt has signed an agreement with which country?
5.Which of the following person launched FSSAI’s ‘Eat Right India’ Handbook?
- Narendra Modi
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- RS Prasad
- J. Shankara
6.For the mass production of its COVID-19 vaccine Which of the following country expressed its collaboration with India?
7.What is India’s in 2nd edition Digital Quality of Life 2020 index?
8.To which of the following dwarf planet, the status of ‘Ocean World’ was given by researchers?
- None of the Above
9.The app named Kormo Jobs app was launched by which of the following company?
10.The campaign ‘EkSankalp Bujurgokenaam’ is launched by which of the following state/UT police?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
25 August 2020 Current Affairs
1.Which of the following state has secured the first rank in health and welfare center operationalization?
2.The Chairperson of the Financial Stability and Development Council(FSDC) is
- Union Finance Minister
- Finance Secretary
- RBI Governor
- RBI Deputy Governor
3.The drone-based surveillance system for railway security is introduced by which of the following?
- Air India
- Cargo India
- Indian Railway
- Google with DJI
4.Which of the following has been appointed as Managing Director of SBI?
- Durjoy Bhatia
- Vinay Sanghi
- Ashwanit Anand
- Ashwani Bhatia
5.For the Arjuna Award 2020, How many sportsperson have been named?
Manika Batra-Table Tennis player
Mariyappan Thangavelu-Para Athlete
Rani Rampal-Hockey Player
6.For the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020, how many players have been named?
7.Which of the following person has been named as the Election Commissioner of India?
- Rajiv Kumar
- Markit Sen
- Rajiv Malhotra
- Rajiv Singhania
8.Due to COVID-19, how many youths have lost their jobs in india?
- 41 Lakh
- 20 Lakh
- 30 Lakh
- 50 Lakh